Ingonish & Area
The Ingonish area is a destination for all seasons. Be inspired by the breathtaking coastal and mountain scenery whether bathed in sunshine or covered in snow. You will find Cape Breton entertainment nightly May-October with many options for eating out featuring fresh seafood and house specialities. Accommodations range from cozy cottages, small Inns and vacation homes to the full service treatment at Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa. Golf at Highlands Links Canada’s # 1 public golf course, take in a whale watch excursion, hike a trail and relax on the sandy shores of Ingonish Beach in either salt or freshwater. Join us at the Hike the Highlands Festival in September. On the doorstep of Cape Breton Highlands National Park, we provide complimentary services to all that the park offers. Wintertime enjoy cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the area along with downhill Skiing at Ski Cape Smokey.
Check out the Cape Breton Highlands National Park 2016 Activity Guide:
Community website – www.experienceingonish.com
Suggested activities and experiences :
1) Cape Breton Highlands National Park opens – May 20th – hiking, camping and more.
2) Ingonish Triathlon – June 26, swim, bike and run
3) Guided Middle Head Hike – July & August every day at 10:00 am. Cape Breton Highlands
National Park, Ingonish Beach,
4) 7th Annual Cape Breton Highlands 3 Peaks Challenge, hike 3 mountains in one day,
July 16, 2016
5) Seeing in the Dark – June & July @8:30 pm & August @ 8 pm.., Sept. 7 pm at Warren Lake, Cape Breton
Highlands National Park
6) Lantern Walk Thru Time, Freshwater Lake, Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday evenings in June & July (9:00 pm) and August (8:30 pm.) & September -7:30 pm. Ingonish beach Day Area, CBHNP
7) 13th Annual Hike the Highlands Festival – Sept. 9-18, 2016
8) Hiking Challenge – Hike 10 hikes in one day.
9) Conquer the Highlands Challenge – Hike all 26 hiking trails in the Cape Breton Highlands
10) Enjoy swimming at Ingonish Beach, Freshwater Lake, North Bay Beach, Warren Lake,
Mary Ann Falls, North Ingonish Beach and Black Brook.